Kara Ryan Haas, CPA, CITP, CFE
Kara Haas learned accounting through a need to keep track of her family of entrepreneurs. After receiving her Master of Science in Accounting from Marquette University and gaining experience in public accounting, she established a firm in 2005.
From 2005 - 2011, her firm evolved to focus on the needs of independent retailers and inventory-centric businesses. As a champion of web-based financial and operational software, she authored several articles to assist CPAs with navigating and implementing SaaS products to better serve clients.
In the years since, while working on larger projects for individual clients and family, she has been quietly following the development of blockchain technology and scant guidance surrounding financial and accounting treatment.
Ms. Haas is excited to return to public accounting as a resource to fellow accountants and tax preparers with clients participating in the crypto community.
Publications and Presentations
- “Mobile Technology: A look at today’s landscape and how these tools can help you better serve clients” CPA Practice Advisor (2011)
- “Guest Post: Online Sales Tax” Forbes (2012)
- “QR Codes Provide New Way To Market Your Practice” AccountingWEB (2011)
- “Preparing your client to move to the Cloud” AccountingWEB (2011)
- “Facebook enhances its privacy settings, but users also must do their part” AccountingWEB (2011)
- “SaaS Products Can Boost Your Firms’s Success” AccountingWEB (2012)
- “Plus one more: Google adds to the social media scene with Google+” AccountingWEB (2011)
- “Remote vs. Cloud: The perks of working with clients in cyberspace” AccountingWEB (2011)
- “Sleeter Conference embraces ‘tomorrow’s world’ of accounting” AccountingWEB (2011)
- “CCH announces acquisition of SpeedTax” AccountingWEB (2011)
- Over 25 blog posts on own site “Deduct Me” covering topics on sales tax, inventory, mobile applications and software features
- “Expanding Your Circle of Awesomeness and an Interview with Kara Haas” Thriveal Network Podcast, February 25, 2012
- “A Day in the Life of a Mobile Accountant” Accountant Professionals Division, May 26, 2011, Intuit Headquarters, Plano, TX.
- “What does being a Trusted Business Advisor mean to you?” 2011 AICPA Trusted Business Advisor Video Series teaching CPAs to become a complete resource for clients.
- Roundtable discussion and research project for Intuit Lacerte and ProSeries developers, February, 28, 2011, Kara R. Haas, CPA, PA, Englewood, FL.
Featured and Acknowledged
- Xu, Xin “The Entrepreneurial Spirit in the Genes” Marquette University Accounting (2012)
- O’Bannon, Isaac M. “Helping Clients Succeed: A SaaSy Approach” CPA Practice Advisor: Productivity in Practice (2011)
- “CPA Practice Advisor Announces 2011 ’40 Under 40’ Honorees” CPA Practice Advisor (2011)
- Padar, Jody (2014) The Radical CPA: New Rules for the Future-Ready Firm CPA Trendlines, East Hampton, NY
- O’Bannon, Isaac M. “Is the Virtual Practice Model Right for Your Firm?” CPA Practice Advisor (2011)
- O’Bannon, Isaac M. “Does SaaS Make Sense for Your Small Business Clients?” CPA Practice Advisor (2011)
- O’Bannon, Isaac M. “What Happens in Vegas … Helps Professional Accountants and Their Clients” CPA Practice Advisor (2011)
- “Keynote Address, Mark Koziel” A spotlight on creating “a movement.” 2010 Accounting Today Growth and Profitability Summit, November 17 and 18, 2010, Wynn Hotel, Las Vegas, NV